Dr. Sergiy A. Borysenko
Ph.D., Research Worker
Main Astronomical Observatory of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Postal: 27, Acad. Zabolotnogo Str.
Spectroscopy, photometry and polarimetry of comets
Programming with Fortran Power Station, Turbo C++, Delphi, IDL, MatLab, HTML
KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGES
- Ukrainian - native
- Russian - fluent
- English - good speaking, reading, translating and writing of papers
- Deutsh - moderate speaking, reading and translating
- Spanish - moderate speaking, reading and translating
RESULTS OF RESEARCHES
1997 - prediction of returning for both nucleuses of comet Machholz-2
1998 - detection of differences in polarization of shells and space between shells in comet Hale-Bopp (C/1995 O1)
1999 - detection and classification of quasiperiodical variations of intensity in spectral lines of comet Halley
2001 - investigation of solar proton flux influence on the quasiperiodical variations
- Borysenko S.A. A program to discover comets. I.A.P.P.P. Communications No.68, Summer 1997, pp.8-9
- Borysenko S.A., Nazarchuk H.K., Shulman L.M. Time variations of some lines in comet Halley spectra and investigation of their correlations.- Kinematics and physics of celestial bodies. Vol.16, No.1, 2000, pp.32-39 (in Ukrainian)
- Borysenko S.A. Variations of selected lines in the Comet Halley spectrum.- Kinematics and physics of celestial bodies. Supplement. No.3, 2000, pp.256-258
- Borysenko S.A., Shulman L.M. Solar activity in November-December 1985 and its effect on the fast variations in the spectral lines of comet Halley.- Kinematics and physics of celestial bodies. Vol.17, No.5, 2001, pp.389-402 (in Ukrainian)
- Borysenko S.A. Comparative analysis of the results of baseground and space dynamical spectroscopy of comet Halley.- Publications of Taras Shevchenko Kyiv University. Astronomy. Vol. 38, 2002 (in Ukrainian)
- Borysenko S.A., Nazarchuk H.K., Shulman L.M. Fast variations of spectra of Comet Halley. // Earth, Moon, and Planets. Vol. 90, Nos. 1-11, 2002
Since 1990 more then one hundred estimations of cometary visual magnitudes were made by author. Best of them (especially for comet C/1995 O1 (Hale-Bopp) ) were published in the International Comet Quarterly. Code of observer is BOR04. In 2002 regulary observations of comets with using of CCD camera S1C started at Andrushivka Astronomical Observatory, near Zhytomyr.
|One of the first images of comet C/2002 T7 was obtained in November, 30, 2002( UT ) by P.P. Korsun and S.A. Borysenko with Zeiss telescope (D=60 cm) using CCD-camera.||Orbits of comets C/2001 Q4(NEAT) and C/2002 T7(LINEAR) near the perihelion in 2004.|
- 4th Open Young Scientists' Conference on Astronomy and Space Physics. April 9-12, 1997, Kyiv. Borysenko S.A. Investigation of fragmentation of Comet Machholz 2 (in Ukrainian)
- All-Ukrainian Astronomical Conference. October 27-28, 1997, Kyiv. Borysenko S.A. Some pecularities of Comet Machholz 2 fragmentation.
- 5th Open Young Scientists' Conference on Astronomy and Space Physics, April 27-30, 1998, Kyiv Borysenko S.A. Polarimetry of comet C/1995 O1 Hale-Bopp.
- JENAM-98, 7th European & Annual Czech Astronomical Society Conference, September 9-12, 1998, Praha, Czech Republic Churymov K.I., Borysenko S.A., Evtushevsky O.M., Kravtsov F.I. Polarimetry of the near nuclear region of comet Hale-Bopp (C/1995 O1)
- International Conference "Physics and dynamics of small bodies of the Solar system, devoted to 90-annualy of Prof. I.S. Astapovicha (AIST-98), December 17-19, 1998, Kyiv K.I. Churyumov, S.A. Borysenko, A.M. Evtushevsky, F.I. Kravtsov Photopolarimetry of nearnuclear region of comet C/1995 01 (Hale-Bopp) (in Ukrainian)
- 6th Open Young Scientists' Conference on Astronomy and Space Physics, April 27-30, 1999, Kyiv Borysenko S.A. First results of dynamical spectroscopy of comet Halley.
- Comets, Asteroids, Meteors, Meteorities, Astroblems, Craters (CAMMAC 99), September, 27 - October, 2, Vinnytsya, Ukraine Borysenko S.A. Preliminary results of dynamical spectroscopy of comet Halley.
- 7th Open Young Scientists Conference on Astronomy and Space Physics, April 25-28, 2000, Kyiv Borysenko S.A. Crosscorrelations of lines in spectrum of comet Halley.
- Fourth Vsekhsvyatsky Reedings, October 4-10, 2000, Kyiv, Ukraine Borysenko S.A. Some results of dynamical spectroscopy of comet Halley. (in Ukrainian)
- 8th Open Young Scientists Conference on Astronomy and Space Physics, April, 2001, Kyiv Borysenko S.A. Solar activity in November-December 1985 and its effect on the fast variations in the spectral lines of comet Halley
- All-Russian Astronomical Conferences, August 6-12, 2001, S.-Peterburg, Russia Borysenko S.A., Shulman L.M. Application of method of dynamical spectroscopy for studying of comets
- IAU Coloquium No. 186. Cometary Science after Hale-Bopp, Tenerife, Puerto de la Crus, Canary Islands, Spain Borysenko S.A., Nazarchuk H.K., Shulman L.M. Fast variations in spectra of comet Halley.
- Third scientific Conference "Selected questions of astronomy and astrophysics", devoted by memory of B. Babiya. April 1-5, 2002, Lviv Borysenko S.A. Using of the dynamical spectroscopy for studying of rapid variations in the cometary spectrum.
- International Conference ACM-2002, July, 27 - August, 5, 2002, Berlin, Germany Borysenko S.A., Shulman L.M. First evidences of homogeneity of Comet Halley's nucleus.
- International Conference Comets, Asteroids, Meteors, Meteorities, Astroblems, Craters (CAMMAC 2002), September, 27 - October, 2, 2002, Vinnytsya, Ukraine Borysenko S.A. Nature of unhomogeneity in polarization of comet Hale-Bopp.